It is the process of improving the condition & appearance of your cars paint through the use of various polishes, polish pads, & buffers. Clay barring and waxing your car will enhance it’s features but will not remove the scratches or swirl marks.
You should leave paint correction to the professionals who have a lot of experience. With out the proper skills or technique it’s easy to damage your paint vs. your intention of fixing it.
These scratches can be caused by all sorts of ways. Automatic car washes, using cheap towels or wash mitts, and even dirt can all hurt your cars paint.
The good news is paint correction can remove almost all of the scratches and have your car looking shiny and brand new again. Doing paint correction properly requires more time then a wash and wax car detail because the process itself requires more steps. Using things such as polishers, polishes, compounds, pads, towels, and let’s not forget skills and & patience to produce the results your looking for.
A lot of inexperienced detailers will claim to be able to give paint correction to your vehicle within about an hour or two but what ends up happening is your vehicle is left off worse then when it arrived. Proper paint correction can range from about $500 and up but if you want quality don’t be afraid to pay what it’s worth. Your paint will thank you for it.
1. Clean the wheels, tires, and fenders to remove dirt and grease using towels and brushes.
2. Hand wash the exterior of the vehicle and door jambs thoroughly.
3. Chemically remove iron particles from your paint that cause corrosive compounds to destroy your paint.
4. Clay bar your paint to remove any contaminants you can’t see but can feel causing you to have a smooth surface.
5. Tape off plastic trim to avoid polish build up or stains.
6. Applying the step 1 compound- Remove the deep imperfections from your paint by evening out the clear coat with a cutting pad and compound.
7. Applying the step 2 polish- Make the car shine by polishing and removing the micro scratches that are left remaining after step 1 compound was completed.
8. Wipe down the vehicle with polish remove and inspect the paint.
9. Dress the tires to give them a nice shine.
10. Clean the glass windows.
11. Touch up any areas you may have missed. A final once over.
This is the most difficult car detailing service to accomplish. Depending on the condition of your vehicle and the results your looking for this process can take from from 8-24 hours to complete.
To make your car experience even better try a Full Detail (make hyperlink) to get both your interior and exterior of your vehicle detailed.
Unfortunately this is not a service that I offer at this time.